Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New saw required a new stand.
I searched a hundred threads, and watch a dozen youtube videos.
This guy "McGrath" had a slick take on the miter saw stand and posted it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwxQKPXvZEI

So I ran with it :thumbsup:

My stand is a blue Werner from the depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-4-ft-x-3-8-ft-x-2-ft-Portable-Rolling-Scaffold-500-lb-Load-Capacity-PS-48/100658408?N=aqfmZ4s6Z5yc1v

I just started on it today, and still have a ways to go.
I'll update as I go.
This stand will be for site work, and the Bosch CM10GD will lock into it and be interchangeable with a soon to be built shop station.

I will be using a full wing on the left side with stop blocks, and I'll build a short (less than 24") table on the right side.

You can see I had to cut off the TOP rail on the scaffold to make room for laying stock onto the saw. I never stood on the top rail any way :rolleyes: But I did want to maintain as much scaffold integrity as possible so I could still use it if needed.

In the you tube video that Malcolm did, it looks like he cut off the folding leg on his out feed support. I was able to leave mine on so that I maintain full use of the roller stand.

So that's what I have for now.:jester:

Should I quit before I go crazy?
I'm planning on a drop in router for the right side, and at least one drawer and a power strip. My light needs a different mount, and I've also got an idea for a bent EMT dust/rain hood much like the fastcap ChopShop:whistling removable of course.

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a little more time.

Milled out some more scrap cherry and made mounts for the saw, then attached a few to the table top and made an aluminum keeper for the back. The saw slides toward the operator then lifts off. I still need to add a quick release pin for the front of the feet to fully lock the saw in.

Also made a 7ft wing edged in cherry, with a pc of solid stock dado'd down the center of the underside. (allot of scrap cherry floating around the shop lately ;) )

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Progress is slow.

Would be nice if I didn't have any real work to do :whistling

I've got the work table sized and built for the right hand side.
It locks in with 2, 1/4-20 jig knobs under the drawer location.

Also have the mount figured out and half installed for the left hand wing.
It will be supported with a leg angled down and resting on the scaffold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts