Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't understand how management can let this happen. It's not the first time I've seen this . The mentality is if it fits it ships . I don't know if you can see the associate behind the sheetrock,but if that load kicks out it's all over for homer . They seem to be very safety conscience when indoors, but outside I've seen some crazy things .

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
:laughing: Putting the hurt on that truck.... I recently had to load 30 sheets of slatwall at Menards, but didn't attempt any ignorant sh!t like that... supervised as 2 associates loaded them into my truck.

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
What was the plan? The Truck back up to the cart then the pile plop? :blink:

Would It have not been easier to fork lift the pile out to the truck then load it 1 bundle at a time? Either way that shiny truck had a white knuckle ride ahead of him ...I Hope he wasn't going far!

·
Registered
818 Posts
How the eff did they even get it to that point?

Love seeing people destroy their half tons by over loading them.

Reactions: blacktop

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
blacktop said:
What was the plan? The Truck back up to the cart then the pile plop? :blink: Would It have not been easier to fork lift the pile out to the truck then load it 1 bundle at a time? Either way that shiny truck had a white knuckle ride ahead of him ...I Hope he wasn't going far!
We do this all the time except into the dump trailer and we use the flat carts. Fork lift comes around and gets as close as he can then shifts to the side to get it on the bed, put a flat cart under the other side to hold it so he can swing around and push it in. Takes about 2 mins with a good operator to load a whole bunk of wood

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
How the eff did they even get it to that point?
I'm trying to figure that out, too. May this: load was dropped into the bed, but it was leaning badly as the forks were pulled out...so now the forks are holding it back up...but what next?....brace it with a cart so they can go help the next person... (Bet the guy disappears on break.)

·
Registered
818 Posts
And I hope It's the last 50 boards of L/W ever made!
When are you going to start protesting the stuff standing by in front of the stack with a sign? Lol

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
When are you going to start protesting the stuff standing by in front of the stack with a sign? Lol
I protest over the phone ...USG and N/G Know how I feel about the garbage there putting out...Mark my words ! L/W drywall will be short lived ..I just hope It's soon.

When They start making sheathing Light weight .. [to cut shipping cost] Will you use It on your roof or your floors ?

·
Registered
818 Posts
When They start making sheathing Light weight .. [to cut shipping cost] Will you use It on your roof or your floors ?
I dont even like plywood or osb for sheathing, I'd rather use 1x12's like they used to, if it was still practical.

Reactions: blacktop
1 - 20 of 72 Posts