Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up new saw mounting brackets for a saw helper. I have the whole set up, but the saw, with the brackets was stolen, and I don't think that saw helper is in business any longer. Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DK HArdware

I tried them and spoke with a not very helpful person. Their website says they have the stuff in stock, so I'll try again. Unfortunately they dont sell only the brackets, but the whole mounting assembly. No big deal, twice the cost, but then it's fixed. Crummy thing is, I found a set on Craigslist, but it had already been deleted a day earlier. And this definately is the best saw stand I have ever used. If there is anyone who wants a unit there is a guy listing one on Craigs list right now for arount $400. Go to CL and click on Las Vegas and type in saw helper in the search. The guy is in Henderson. I looked in virtually every city on CL, and that was the only one that came up.

Thanks for the info!!
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw Helper Brackets

Hey everybody!
After giving up on locating any saw helper brackets, I finally went to a local metal fabricator, and through several trial and error attempts, looking at the paperwork I had, and taking a few pictures of a saw helper that I happened to see on a job site as I was driving by, we had some new brackets made. Knowing it was going to be a pricey fabrication, as we had to make them from scratch, I had several pairs mead, so as to offset the cost. My total cost was about $300, and since I had 5 pairs made, I got my cost down to $60 a pair. I know that they work on a Dewalt, and a Bosch. I mention this because if there is anyone who is looking for a second set, or a spare set, or is in the same position I was where I had everything but the brackets, you can stop looking. I am unsure of what patents are in place, however these brackets are definitely not the same in appearance as the saw helper brackets, but they do function excellent. Having said that, contact me if you need a pair, and we can work out a way to get it to you.
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts