Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a large sandblasting job for someone and it's been weeks since and they still haven't picked it up. Can I charge an amount or certain percentage of the total cost for a "late pickup fee"?

·
Kelly
257 Posts
Without a contract won't be easy to collect anything other then what he owes you unless your willing to go to small claims court. Generally the court will side with you if it's been a reasonable amount of time, and you have tried to notify the customer I would send a registered letter with a return signature so you can prove they got it. In the letter tell them you plan on court action if they don't pay and pickup there item. In the future have all your customers sign a work agreement contract you can use the wording from any generic auto repair shop contract.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
That's any town,school or commercial job
Net 30
Its killed me this year usually I get some smaller jobs in between to fill the gap, its when you get the big jobs back to back that hurts the bank.

They always tell me its like money in the bank, but the ones saying it work on a weekly paycheck

I tell them, give up your pay for a month, then buy materials up front for another .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts