Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently permitted a Sand Mine in Northwest Florida. The Site Plan requires construction of a perimeter berm (approx. 7000 ft.) and a retaining pond (50 ft. x 200 ft. x 4 ft. deep). I was wondering if the site prep can be achieved with a mid-sized dozer. I only want to prep the site in hopes of marketing to a larger company. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
How will you be building the berm, are you pushing up material to build it or hauling on site and pushing off ??

A D5 size dozer would work fine since I am sure that you will be working at your leisure and not in a hurry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I will be pushing material on-site to create a 6 ft. berm. I will need to rent a machine so time is a factor. Thats why I need to pick the best all-around machine to build the berm and construct the retaining pond.

·
Vagitarian
3,589 Posts
Yes, I will be pushing material on-site to create a 6 ft. berm. I will need to rent a machine so time is a factor. Thats why I need to pick the best all-around machine to build the berm and construct the retaining pond.

Then you may consider going with a D6 IMO.

Reactions: 28sean
1 - 4 of 4 Posts