Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Sand Blasting Tombstones

10K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Ickcleaners 
Yes a 2500 PSI pressure washer will hurt the stone, but that is probably the rating of the machine not what is hitting the stone.

Without seeing pictures it would be hard to say if they did do any damage. I have cleaned up a couple tombstones with a pressure washer, but that was only to used initially to get the dirt off (soft washing) then I used a cleaner by brush on the stone then rinsed it off, and they turned out great. If the PW knows what he is doing than they can turn out good. However to much pressure can cause efflorescence to appear, and damage to the stone due to too high pressure or the wrong type of tips.

I know this is not a pressure washing forum, but there was a question about it here, and maybe this could be used as selling points to blast them instead. Personally I now recommend blasting, it looks better and is safer for the stone, with much less chance of damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.