Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was blasting some small bits and pieces for a customer today it was only going to take 2 minutes so stupidly didn't put my gloves on as i was rotating the small object i caught the end of my finger in the blast stream **** it hurt took the skin off no problems.

Bet you guys have some good stories and pics of some blasting accidents post them up.

I was lucky lets say no matter what, ill be wearing all my safety gear from now on no matter how small the job.

·
Todd
848 Posts
it is super hot here in florida and last summer i thought i would like you just hit a few small parts with out my blast suit on and i did it in a pair of shorts...my legs got what looked like a sunburn but were pretty sore for a week...always wear rubber gloves though....

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
Last year I was pulling my blast hose over my left shoulder to get more working hose. As I pulled it, the nozzle pointed right at my right forearm. Looked like hamburger about the size of a silver dollar. It blasted right through my blast suit. I was using coal slag and I still have some imbedded in there. I've done the shorts thing also, big :blink: mistake!!!

·
Rick
86 Posts
I shot myself in the wrist, looked like a 12 gauge hit me that coal will skin you quick :thumbsup: I also shoot my boots after spray painting a few rounds, keeps em looking fresh...

·
Know your Role
64 Posts
I have plastic media and who knows what else along with it permanently in my thumb. Could feel the grit under the skin for a long time but now just a shotgun pattern tattoo.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Yup, looks like raw hamburger and ketch up

Seen lots of guys at the old ship yard rip a hockey puck size hole into their knee trying to crawl through the tanks while hose was running, Not nice trying to get steel shot out. Happen so much the local hospital would give the scrub brush to the guy to scrub out their own wounds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like better blast says, use glass. We blast all summer long with 40/70 in shorts and short sleeves. Bounce back is minimal and after glass hits, it turns to dust..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts