Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got a new Smoker, and am dying to try it out without depleting my reserves, so I went out most of the afternoon to catch some silvers. Went home for a few hours and returned during high tide to see if I could get my bobber some action. Stayed untill midnight....nada.
It's just not my year, but hey, it was fun.

Maybe next year huh?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
What type of smoker? I just smoked about 20#s of King Mackeral tonight. Mighty tasty with a cold one. Better luck on your next trip.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next trip = Saturday night.

I have a webber. Not sure on exactly the style, but it's a premium one.
Most people up here use a Lil chief.

I must bring in some fish this year! Very little time left.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You bought a nice one! Don't you smoke salmon with Alder? You might also try some light fruitwoods like Apple, Cherry, Persimmon might be a bit much but worth a try. Kingfish is a heavy tasting fish and I use Hickory or Jack Daniels barrels, sometimes both.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have yet to ever smoke salmon in my life. I am kinda new to Alaska (2 years) and I have caught fish, but did not have a smoker.
Tonight I will give it another go, then hopefully I can get my brine ready and choose how I am going to smoke it.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Be careful with the brine. I followed the directions that came with my first one and I'm sure that the steaks are still at the landfill untouched by any creature. Some archeologist will find them in a few thousand years and come up with some interesting theories about our civilization.
Let me know if you want some help. I can probably save some good fish.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will let you know.

thanx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts