Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After posting on these forums about wanting to start a website again I had a "web dude" call me on a Sunday afternoon. We talked for a short while and I found his ideas to be interesting and was interested in more. So we set a time frame for this "web dude" call again during the evening after I returned home or the following day. This was last Sunday, at this time I have not recieved any additional return calls. I find it amusing that someone would take the time to try to make a sale on a Sunday but won't call back on a Monday. I guess the "web dude" just needed to kill some time, to bad it was mine. Now if only I could find a "web dude" that does more than just talk the talk.

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Web dude felt u weren't a good fit for him.

Could have been:

1. You were too picky on layout and web dude felt you were going to be a PITA client!

2. Web dude (WD) felt you were price shopping.

3. WD was too busy on a Monday for your bullshyzit!

Good luck.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
"Web Dude" used to be a contractor! :laughing:

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update; just got a return call back from the "web dude". Nothing new though from the info I gave him last Sunday, just wanted to let me know he saw my post and that he had forgotten and was swamped. Maybe next Sunday he'll have news.

·
Web Dude
153 Posts
I was the web dude.

Just rang him up now, called and explained myself. Certainly nothing personal. I hope everything works out for you Mark!

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Web dude felt u weren't a good fit for him.

Could have been:

1. You were too picky on layout and web dude felt you were going to be a PITA client!

2. Web dude (WD) felt you were price shopping.

3. WD was too busy on a Monday for your bullshyzit!

Good luck.
1. I have know idea how it should be layed out and am willing to try anything.

2. "web dude" called me, I did not call him, we never even talked prices but I have a good idea of what the cost would be already from reading other posts.

3.So he says also.

·
Web Dude
153 Posts
He didn't have any work done, he was just looking for SEO info and whether or not a website would benefit his business.

I'm pretty sure we got everything squared away with the phone call and PMs, good luck Mark!

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With a total of 13 hits for my key words in my area I just don't see how a site could be effective for me. And since I also do a search for siding shenandoah ia every month I'm thinking most of the hits may be from me. Thanks Justin for looking into it for me.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
22 Posts
I think every business has trouble with the followup. Last summer we needed our house painted.

I got four referrals from friends, called the painters up to come out and have a look to give me a price.

One never showed even though we had an appointment. One said he would bring the estimate back the next day - never did. One left me the proposal, AND called me the next day to followup. One gave me the proposal (which was the least expensive) - but never followed up.

Guess which one got the job.

Why waste your time giving out proposals if you never followup to close the deal?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts