Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all who read this.

I am a tradesman within the painting industry,over the past 6 months reading different posts a lot of you have salespeople hunting the work which i think is fantastic idea.I have been thinking along those lines for myself but i do get stuck on one thing.do your sales people sell packages of work.could someone tell me from the start please.lets say they have door knocked and the homeowner is interested in talking what would the salesperson do then.

thank you for any help on this one.ps sorry about the grammer.

·
Registered
178 Posts
1) Determine who your main market will be
2) What services do they want
3) Build a package of services / products that a sales person could present
Pre package the pricing , give the sales person a pricing formula - such as how to bid a bedroom paint job, exterior paint job

4) Create your marketing program
5) Have the sales person rehearse their presentation

If you have a package, the sales person has something to address with the customer. The sales person can then sell one, and then try to up sell another add on.

Terry

whether it be a outbound phone call, inbound call, setting the appointment, the presentation and close at the customer's home, etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you that has made a lot of sense,so from doing the packages and pre pricing is it safe to say the salesperson needs a trade background of sorts or can you give this person the knowledge to give clients the answers they might have.

thanks for your thoughts on this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts