Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey All,
Im new to posting on here but have been lurking around for a bit seeing what everyone has been up to.
One quick question...

Has anyone used the Sage Estimating software? I went to there website and used the free demo and it seems super easy and in depth. I am curious as to how much it costs though?

Thanks for the help everyone!
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ not sure what you are implying?
Whats the point of the forum if I cant post questions?

Ive searched the internet for pricing on the sage estimating software...even on the phone with there sales department for 25 minutes wating for someone to pick up while the phone is saying "please wait, our next available associate will be right with you"...right...like they really sell that many damn copies!

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
Asking about the software is fine, but the direct pricing questions are a no go here.

Look for the sticky thread about Pricing and Estimating if you want some help with the basics.

·
Hack
3,010 Posts
The Sage software should have a price somewhere... And I'm sure you'll find it eventually.
But you can't ask what to charge for your jobs.
That info is specific to your company, and no one here knows all the variables in your pricing structure.
Follow the link in my sig for info on how to figure out how to price your work.

·
Knucklehead in charge
102 Posts
there's not an estimating program, system, etc. on the market that can answer your question.

I use a multi page excel spread sheet that I have tailored to my needs.

regardless of what you use, you still need to know your costs so don't expect these programs to fill in the blanks for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies. Although I did ask I guess such a specific question, it was more towards an average as my final bid is done.
I know what I charge out but as a aggressive estimator to keep work flowing in for my employees I almost always second guess or wonder if I "shoot myself in the foot" or bid to high as they wont ever give me a second look.
They are a new large scale PM client of mine.
You guys cant tell me that you don't feel that stress at all?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Are you a commercial builder?

If you are then the program may have some validity.

For the person bidding on homes as I do I use RS means to check to determine if I am leaving money on the table.
Experience will help in all situations.

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts