Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having to come up with a "safety plan" for working with a big petroleum company . anyone here have had to do the same?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have for many years now. What company are you dealing with? Some can be easy and others can be a real pain. I came over year before last and taught two training classes for a Polyurea application company that was going to be doing some large secondary containment projects for Chevron there on the islands. If you need some help let me know.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can ask the company for an "example" plan for a similar vendor so you can get an idea of their requirements. Typically they will send you an example if you ask. Then use that as a base line and add any other info that will involve you specifically. You can also add your MSDS sheets at the end.

If you put it in writing, be sure to follow it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I doubt if they would give out another companies safety plan as that plan is property of the company that wrote it. I know if a company that I had done work for had given out intellectual property of my company that I had money invested in to create, they would be given a letter for from my attorney. Theses are pretty detailed plans and yes they are inforced. Also, MSDS sheets are no longer called MSDS sheets. The new HMIS law now labels them as Safety Data Sheets. These sheets would not be included in a safety plan but in your job package or work package. Give me a email and I'll be glad to discuss a few things with you on what they are asking for. I can point you in some directions as well. [email protected]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have for many years now. What company are you dealing with? Some can be easy and others can be a real pain. I came over year before last and taught two training classes for a Polyurea application company that was going to be doing some large secondary containment projects for Chevron there on the islands. If you need some help let me know.
I will be dealing a couple different local company's but plan on some bigger fish in the near future.
any help would be much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts