Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How's this for 'best practices' for servicing equipment in the field?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Does this go back to the illegal immigrant post? Rednecks?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rednecks is right - that's how i recieved it. "you might be a redneck" type of thing. pretty damn funny.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Pretty pathetic. IMHO

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
One less idiot out of the gene pool. Unfortunately, he probably survived to pass his techniques on.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
That looks like Mexico to me. I was amazed at the amount of construction they do down there without much in the way of tools. I sat at a bar and watched for an hour a team of 20 men dismanteling a building with nothing more than a couple of sledge hammers 3 shovels and a wheel barrow.

4 guys standing around, at least it looked like it but each one had a job. As 3 watched, one guy would bash the wall with the sledge hammer 3-4 times, then the next guy would kick over the cracked parts, the 3rd guy would start shoveling the debris into a wheel barrow and the 4th guy would wheel it away. Never more than one guy moving at the same time ever.

Oh and everyone of them was wearing nothing on their feet but sandles!

They also mix concrete in the street by making a ring and pouring the water in the middle, kind of like a little lake then they shovel in sand that they screen from the beach and concrete and mix it with a shovel.

Pretty wild. Then I saw why so much is done by hand. A Dewalt 18 volt cordless recip saw was $600 in a store there.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Mike Finley said:
That looks like Mexico to me. I was amazed at the amount of construction they do down there without much in the way of tools. I sat at a bar and watched for an hour a team of 20 men dismanteling a building with nothing more than a couple of sledge hammers 3 shovels and a wheel barrow.

4 guys standing around, at least it looked like it but each one had a job. As 3 watched, one guy would bash the wall with the sledge hammer 3-4 times, then the next guy would kick over the cracked parts, the 3rd guy would start shoveling the debris into a wheel barrow and the 4th guy would wheel it away. Never more than one guy moving at the same time ever.

Oh and everyone of them was wearing nothing on their feet but sandles!

They also mix concrete in the street by making a ring and pouring the water in the middle, kind of like a little lake then they shovel in sand that they screen from the beach and concrete and mix it with a shovel.

Pretty wild. Then I saw why so much is done by hand. A Dewalt 18 volt cordless recip saw was $600 in a store there.
What ever happened to all that money we sent down to Mexico?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys...don't get me started. I thought the picture was funny and a nice diversion from the intensity of the other thread. This picture is obviously taken in some county that permits propping your truck up curbside with some 2X4's so that you can arc weld in plain view of passerby's. I see it all the time. In fact, Midas and Meineke are considering selling there floor stands and lifts nationwide and converting to the 2X4 system (so they can remain competitive).

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Niner said:
Those look like 4x4's to me. He's obviously very concerned with safety.
LMAO. He's also blocked the back wheel...as an added precaution. :cheesygri

1 - 17 of 17 Posts