Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Craftsman sabre/scroll saw has bit me :eek: one to many times. Now I know it is not the saw but my fat fingers getting in the way but it has happened twice now and I need a change.
Any recommendation on a good choice? Besides the scroll lock is getting weak, and it really needs to either be fixed or replaced. I really have used the scroll feature on this one many times over the years. But haven't noticed the feature on others.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Paul, I think that I may have the same saw. I never could locate one like it.
The spindle will rotate 360 deg while running, right? I bought a Bosch for the regular stuff and am saving the few years/days remaining on that saw. Nothing can match it in the tight spots.
Let me know if you find something.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
I had one of those years ago. I haven't seen that feature either in years.

I'll cast my vote for Bosch. I have the barrel grip model but that is personal preference. There are many other good ones as well; Milwaukee, Porter Cable for sure, but I like the Bosch.
I'll tell you what also. I see more Bosch jig/sabre saws in the field than any other. Cabinet makers especially.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Teetorbilt said:
Paul, I think that I may have the same saw. I never could locate one like it.
The spindle will rotate 360 deg while running, right? I bought a Bosch for the regular stuff and am saving the few years/days remaining on that saw. Nothing can match it in the tight spots.
Let me know if you find something.
Thats it Teetor,
I did look on craftsman.com and see that they still offer the scroll option on many of their saws. I don't think I want another crafstman though. Their tools are just so loud. I like the bosh drill I have so I think I will take a good look at that line.

Thanks for all the input it helps.

P.S. My finger is getting better every day :eek:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Guys I think I am going with the Craftsman, they came out with a new one that scrolls again, and has a lazer site. It also can be either barrel grip or you can leave the handle on it.

I kinda of like the scroll feature for kitchen sink holes, seem to get into that back area eaiser than the standard type.

Unless you guys can come up with an simple way to cut out the back section with out flipping the counter over.

BJD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts