1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
If ya want a tuf cam then get ya self one of the Olympus stylus tough range. I have had one for 2 years and it has been dropped about 20x on hard concrete and dropped in a pool i dont know how many times. My mate even threw it in the lake the other day and it went down to about 15ft and my over mate dived down and got it. I have used it on top on whistler mountain when it was about -40 and every other cam i used shut down in those temps.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If ya want a tuf cam then get ya self one of the Olympus stylus tough range. I have had one for 2 years and it has been dropped about 20x on hard concrete and dropped in a pool i dont know how many times. My mate even threw it in the lake the other day and it went down to about 15ft and my over mate dived down and got it. I have used it on top on whistler mountain when it was about -40 and every other cam i used shut down in those temps.
There is plenty of reviews on those on digital camera sites, but not for the Ryobi. still like to get input and see sample pics from the Ryobi.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ryobi and "Tuff" in the same sentence seems odd. They will discontinue this as TTI does with all their HD items as the product line wil not meet HD's mgmt. profit expectations. Reason enough not to buy into that system if you expect to add on in the future. At least you can use regular batteries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the camera from HD. In low light w/flash you get "Red EYE". It does well for job site photo's.The lense is enclosed so dust is not an issue.I've been using an SLR for years and now I need glasses (Can't focus the camera).I like the button size and view screen on the Roy-Boy.The comment on future battery availibilty is concerning..but you what they say about a boy and toy's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts