Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you run credit cards? Mobile phone or credit card terminal equipment you keep in your office? (Or both?) Who does everyone use?

Trying to see if there's a clear winner or if it's fairly spread out. I'm in the process of deciding which/who I should go with.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Many posts on this. Do a search for Credit cards. I use Squareup. :thumbsup:

Reactions: pandb

·
Registered
819 Posts
i take 2-4 credit cards a month...so for me to buy a smart phone or a in the field instant reader didnt make any sense....i use carbon copies and use an old fashion 1970's card swiper...then when i get home i enter them manually

it works for me.

i dont use a smart phone for my normal phone...they are too big and fragile....my normal flip phones dont survive long in my pocket...let alone something really technical....

·
Always Learning
8,680 Posts
Smartphone and square reader. It gets used a few times a year. Fee is built in to the invoice.

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
i take 2-4 credit cards a month...so for me to buy a smart phone or a in the field instant reader didnt make any sense....i use carbon copies and use an old fashion 1970's card swiper...then when i get home i enter them manually

it works for me.

i dont use a smart phone for my normal phone...they are too big and fragile....my normal flip phones dont survive long in my pocket...let alone something really technical....
Come on man, get into the 2000's:laughing:

Smart phone with otter box case will last you a good while, I've had mine going on 5 years, dropped many times off a 12' ladder, no worse for the wear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there are so many competitors out there and solutions. Unless things have changed I would only caution you that you can typically save 1% off the transaction fee if you get the customer's signature rather than just type a cc number into a web based entry point.

Casey
Diamond J Insulation
www.diamondjinsulation.com

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
I got a Square a couple of months ago and have been very happy with it. Using it more and more. Line item on my contract specifies a 3% 'Convenience Fee' for using CC. I get my money the next day and client gets reward points on their CC. Win-win IMO. Plus, for emergency repairs, I don't get beat out by the big companies who take CC's if the client is short on cash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts