Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to install some ribbed, polycarbonate clear roof panels. Somewhere I have seen rubber washer screws that have bigger washers so that the plastic panels don't eventually pull through the screws from wind lift.

Can someone direct me to a supplier? I can't find them now-thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
PoleBarnsNY said:
Be careful with those panels. Plenty of people have been injured or killed stepping on them and falling thru. I refuse to install them because they are a death trap.
Also, be careful driving. Plenty of people have been injured or killed driving .... :) are you looking for this screw, http://www.roofthings.com/12-Painte...KtFKgEG_UiTVImnj5wzi9mxQmYl8_LcCyixo9tYTw_wcB

Home Depot , http://t.homedepot.com/p/Teks-9-x-1...Head-Roofing-Screws-100-Pack-21404/100188361/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Large washer head screws

WBailey, Those are the regular ones, not the ones with larger heads for plastic panels. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I almost went thru one that so jackho has painted with elasomeric 3 weeks ago while doing A tearoff.
Luckily half my size 13 boot was on a perlin, still a pucker moment fer sure.

5/8s is the largest Id use and he listed them above, buytl tape will stick it down as well

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
They are by the corrugated panels at the depot. And they work fine. That's why they put them there. Because that's what we use. The washer squishes out a little when you screw them down. Thats prob why you thought they were bigger.

That tape is a necessary evil unless you Overlap the panels more than usual.. pisses me off having to use it.
In fact it pisses me off installing metal period.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I almost went thru one that so jackho has painted with elasomeric 3 weeks ago while doing A tearoff.
Luckily half my size 13 boot was on a perlin, still a pucker moment fer sure.

5/8s is the largest Id use and he listed them above, buytl tape will stick it down as well
Damn man that sucks. I'd have been a goner for sure, I wear a size 6 in men's shoes. Lol. Do you get sick to your stomach every time you think about it? I was measuring a 2 story one day and the roof was a 2 level gable roof, I was on the edge lookin to my left and I had plenty of roof to go but what I didn't realize was the 3 foot strip I was on ended where the sidewalk ran up on the side of the house.. something made me look back just as I was about to step backwards off the 2nd floor.. woulda landed head first on the sidewalk... ugg still makes me sick thinkin about it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Dynamic Fastener. They have almost everything you need for metal buildings. They have a website but it's not that great. The best thing to do is call them and have them send you a catalog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts