Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

We are in a process of bidding on a Rubber Floor project and I am in need of some guidance so I can determine our pricing properly :sad: ... We have done work as Subs so we are capable of doing it, but I need help to put a quote together. So here goes:

1. What is the spread ratio on Rubber and how many man days per sqf?
2. What is better - Double sided tape or glue?

Please only respond if you are familiar with this type of work and can truly assist.

Thanks guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My goodness. I don't know what to say. I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but this will get shutdown.
We cannot help you figure out your specific situation, as we are not there. And direct pricing questions are frowned upon here.

Those are the kinds of things that you need to really figure out on your own per se.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said, if you have nothing to suggest...

But I get it and maybe I should have worded different, I am not looking for pricing as much as I am more interested in the spread ratio vs man days in order to determine my costs of doing this project...obviously sharing the prices we are bidding on the job is not very smart or practical here.

Thanks for pointing out everything thats wrong with the post... very encouraging from a fellow contractor ! ! !

·
Registered
477 Posts
We have done work as Subs so we are capable of doing it, but I need

If you are capable of doing it, why would you ask how many man hours you would need to put it down?

Now double sided tape or glue? I prefer glue.... but then again I haven't put rubber down since I got married :whistling

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Either you've done it before or not. If you have, you'd know the answers to your own questions. The other glaring difference is one of us can't speak to you or your crews efficiency or skill level. What takes me one day to do could take you two or three.

Not to mention, sq ft per hour rates are really only remotely valid in wide open area situations. Logistics such as prep, access, equipment/furniture, layout, etc can skew numbers drastically.

So yeah. 500sf/day and charge tree fiddy...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hi All,

We are in a process of bidding on a Rubber Floor project and I am in need of some guidance so I can determine our pricing properly :sad: ... We have done work as Subs so we are capable of doing it, but I need help to put a quote together. So here goes:

Please only respond if you are familiar with this type of work and can truly assist.

I've done MILLIONS of square feet of rubber flooring. NEVER have I used two-faced tape. WTF?

Different gauges, backings, manufacturers and adhesive TYPES along with substrate TYPE will require specific "spread rates"

That's a stupid, rookie question. You've lost credibility.

There is NO standard production rate absent a very specific layout diagram. In other words are we in an open field or cut up areas? I think if you even ask this question, again......you're lacking credibility as a professional.

You're just looking for NUMBERS.

You aren't a contractor. Go away.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
What kind of rubber floor?

I've installed couple thousand sq feet of 3/8 & 3/4 interlocking tiles.
No glue, goes down as fast as you can move it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Project Update

Hi Guys,

So I've read all your comments and I must say I was surprised. I considered this Forum a good source to draw information from other Flooring professionals but I guess I was wrong....

So to all of you who replied and tried to make a mockery of myself or our company, trying to show how big your balls are, allow me to share with you and give you an update to the original post:

Premier Flooring Company was actually awarded the contract and we just finished installing the sample aisles for the initial testing with heavy equipment... Contract size is 6 figures and area to be covered is approx 70,000 SQF. The customer is a world wide Car Manufacturer.

I have attached some photos from the initial install for reference. I genuinely wish you all to be fortunate enough to be in our position and to be able to do the same type project.

Thanks again for all the input. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've done MILLIONS of square feet of rubber flooring. NEVER have I used two-faced tape. WTF?

Different gauges, backings, manufacturers and adhesive TYPES along with substrate TYPE will require specific "spread rates"

That's a stupid, rookie question. You've lost credibility.

There is NO standard production rate absent a very specific layout diagram. In other words are we in an open field or cut up areas? I think if you even ask this question, again......you're lacking credibility as a professional.

You're just looking for NUMBERS.

You aren't a contractor. Go away.
:no:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hi All,

ok, don't take this the wrong way. What was the spread ratio? How many sqft did a man do?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts