Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be visiting a local club that wants new flooring installed behind the bar area (approx 300SF). They currently have tile installed over a wood subfloor and have anti fatigue mats.

They want to demo the tile and replace it with more comfortable surface for the staff. I'm not sure why they aren't satisfied with the mats besides the hassles to clean them, but They want something similar to what is used in gyms.

Can any of you recommend a product that would be suitable for this? It will need to endure the rigors of traffic, surface moisture, and daily cleaning.

They want me to bid four bathrooms at the facility and this was thrown my way when I spoke with one of the owners yesterday.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Before you waste to much time,visit your local health department and see what is legally required.

Here that would not pass ---don't sell something that might get red flagged before you get paid.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely. I have seen rubber products in food prep areas that were glue down/seam welded but the were thin and not what he's asking for. I told him the gym floor wouldn't work but will try to find something comparable in comfort.

I don't do much resilient flooring so I'm trying to find what's out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts