·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used it? Thoughts/opinions?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
It's Tuscan only for me from here on out. Expensive, but worth it. Messing around with the hand-tightened levelers moves the tiles around too much. At least the tornado don't have the deep bend beneath the tile that the LASH do, which therefore require a deep noched thinset.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I still say RLS is the best. Not saying it's better than MLS or MLT but when you factor the performance to price, it's hard to top.
TLS 500 straps = $125
MLT 500 straps (reusable) = $472
MLT 500 bases = $95
Tornado 500 bases = $65
RLS 500 clips = $57

TLS 2000 straps = $500
MLT 2000 bases = $380
Tornado 2000 bases = $260
RLS 2000 clips = $195

There is no way TLS performs that much better than RLS. No way.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I like the TLS. Yeh, it's pricey for whatever reason. And if they dropped the price, they could get more market share.(hint,hint) Also, when Mick was there, the tech support was fantastic. You could reach him anytime.
I like the one handed operation. I can push on a tile, if needed, while tightening the cap. Gives me better leveling control and results.
Also, removal of the caps can be done by a quick toe kick. You can use the tool if you want but it isn't neccessary. So that's quicker, imo.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I like the one handed operation. I can push on a tile, if needed, while tightening the cap. Gives me better leveling control and results.
Also, removal of the caps can be done by a quick toe kick. You can use the tool if you want but it isn't neccessary.
All of that is 100% possible with RLS....for less than 1/2 the price.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
I saw (never used) Rubi in action once. Looked almost identical to TLS to me.

I suppose without trying both, it's only a guess.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I have both the LASH and the RLS. The RLS is fantastic, the fact the wedge pushes across the tile can cause it to move slightly, where I don't think that would happen with the Tuscan.

The Tuscan pricing is a rip off, plus it's nice to have wedges for spacing around walls and changes of plane.

·
Hair Splitter
18,330 Posts
I have both the LASH and the RLS. The RLS is fantastic, the fact the wedge pushes across the tile can cause it to move slightly, where I don't think that would happen with the Tuscan.

The Tuscan pricing is a rip off, plus it's nice to have wedges for spacing around walls and changes of plane.
How often do you tile again?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts

Pushing the wedge with thinset caught under it might cause it to scratch a soft marble tile. TLS is straight down clamping no sliding action.

I've only used the RLS once so maybe with practice it would be easier. But I found it more a pita than TLS.

Now if the RLS manfacturer wants to send me a trial supply, I'd be happy to compare. :whistling

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
And again, I'm not saying I believe RLS performs better than any other system. I'm just stating it's WAY more cost efficient.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts