Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jimmy,
Most of the times there is a diagnostic chart either inside the blower panel or on the ignition control itself. Check there to help narrow down what the fault is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chart only lists 1-5 fashes for various falures. I found this reply to someone having a similar problem.

I had the exact same problem with my furnace this past winter. The solution to this problem was that I had to clean the thermocoupler. It is a rod that is in from of the burner to the far left. It was dirty and couldn't register the heat of the flame, causing the the flame to go out after about 5-10 seconds. You can clean it by taking it out and using sand paper on it for a minute or two. If this doesn't work you may need to replace it. They're not too expensive. I hope I this helps.

does that sound correct?

·
Registered
227 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to try it. Strange that they do not list the "No flame sensed" error code on the chart or module. I would however recommend steel wool to clean the flame sensor and not sandpaper as the silicas left by many sandpapers will actuall act as an insulator and cause build up as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts