Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to replace a Rpgb 025 jaz replacement and is hooked up to a rhqa 1010s air handler
The unit is 13 seer 2 ton r22 it has a opes 1 off peak heat storage unit.
I was told that im going to have problems with the coil on the air handler hooking it up no a newer unit cause its one of the 1st 13 seer units and ill have problems goig from summer to winter.
Are they just trying to sell me a new air handler?
Also thinking if it would be cheaper to to run a tankless propane boiler instead of the heat pump. And just put in ac condenser Thanks in advance,zig

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the electric and gas rate. that is what determines what is cheaper to use. Do they still get their off peak storage rate.
I'm not sure if they are sdtill doing off peak,it's a rental and told people about it but don't know if they had it or not.propane is 2.20 a gallon,
it's a small ranch house extremely well isolated,Darn electric company
seems to be jacking rates,and sneaky about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Generally speaking, if you want to get a ten year warranty, with company z's heat pump or a/c, you need to buy company z's coil as well. For that reason, I would go with the new coil and call it a wonderful thing.
I got a quote for a 1019.00 delivered air handler and heat pump haier,
Im thinking about just getting it and get it over with.The rheem heat pump is still working,but it's noisy and will not cool,im guessing compressor going on it ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts