Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use Royal Woodland 25 foot panels? how do you like them? is it realistic looking?
considering using it with Full back. any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think certainteed and Crane look very realistic however, certainteed has no special feature that makes them stand out. Alside is a very glossy unrealistic panel as is their prodigy. one thing i have to say about Alside,they are the best at marketing.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i think certainteed and Crane look very realistic however, certainteed has no special feature that makes them stand out. Alside is a very glossy unrealistic panel as is their prodigy. one thing i have to say about Alside,they are the best at marketing.
Alside used to make a panel years ago called Endura. It was a .050 mill D5 panel, strong sucker. They also had a triple three smooth texture, which IMO looks more like wood than any embossed WG. Royal still makes an .050 D4.5 smooth but it's only 12.5'. It was available in a 40 footer for a while. :thumbsup:. I think they still make one but it's a .046, brushed finish and most people have no clue how to install it

The best panel ever made IMO was Wolverine. Certainteed stole all their technology ruined it :furious:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
agreed buddy:thumbsup:they were also the first ones to ''try'' and educate installers with their restoration craftsman program,i still have my patch somewhere;)

heartland had a nice xl panel a few years ago

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heartland still make siding,they were purchased by ProVia.
Alside has the tri-beam which is a fabulous feature(for sales) but again,the panel is rather fake looking. Crane is a beautiful panel.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
heartland still make siding,they were purchased by ProVia.
Alside has the tri-beam which is a fabulous feature(for sales) but again,the panel is rather fake looking. Crane is a beautiful panel.

Are you sure about heartland? I think they went belly up along with kensington. They did have a pretty nice, embossed wood grain. It was more of a brushed look than a deep, shiney wg

·
Banned
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its an exclusive type thing (i think). problem is,you have to order what you need and its time consuming unlike going to a supply house that usually has stuff in stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts