Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Plumbing is looking good! Don't forget the insulation and I'm not a fan of OSB, but everyone knows this already.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
And your question was what?

·
Controls Guy
1,036 Posts
It looks ok but, I would add 3/4"air chambers to the 1/2" risers especially on the shower valve. Single levers are notorious for water hammer.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Every outlet has to have an airchamber here, and you have to provide 24" airchambers at the top of all risers.

·
Controls Guy
1,036 Posts
It isn't code here but, it should be. I always believe in adding them. I have seen way too many houses around here that are plumbed in only 1/2" copper, you close a faucet and the echo sounds like thunder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Air chambers will fill with water within 2 months! Waste of time/material!
With city water {100# or so}, install a pressure reducer. Set at 50-60#.
Codes say 80# is MAX, for just that reason. 60# is PLENTY.
Another tidbit... noise is also caused by the burr left by cutting copper pipe! Water swirls inside pipe and w/over 80#, sounds like a train passing thru the house.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Air chambers will fill with water within 2 months! Waste of time/material!
With city water {100# or so}, install a pressure reducer. Set at 50-60#.
Codes say 80# is MAX, for just that reason. 60# is PLENTY.
Another tidbit... noise is also caused by the burr left by cutting copper pipe! Water swirls inside pipe and w/over 80#, sounds like a train passing thru the house.
If you had # 80 lbs. of pressure that would wear your pipes out prematurely.

Where do you live?

·
Registered
221 Posts
nice looking work:thumbup:

Now show me what this plumbing looks like today.... What? You can't because it's covered up and nobody in history will see it again until they are tearing down the house?

That's what I thought. It's plumbing. If it works correctly and effenciently, then it makes no difference what it looks like. You plumbers really should get stop bragging about the "looks" of your behind-the-wall work. It's not art.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts