Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so we tore it all down and cleaned it all up for the bug guy to work his magic.
thismorning we started with the rafters... they pitch down and out, but the last 6 inches pitch in and towards the sides for a hidden gutter to go in the pilasters

Attachments

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
made a giant template from 4 sheets of ply and some wire to get all the segments correct... this is going to be a pain in the butt! atleast this system takes all the guess work out of it and helps us keep working. have more progress pics tomorrow.

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Damn World, now you got me wanting to do one of those.:thumbup: Keep those pics coming full speed, you a great start on this and there is lots of educational opportunities here. Don't miss any steps.:thumbsup:

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you're not going to put that gay looking railing back up.
are you saying my railing likes to do it with other similarly figured railings?:blink:
Damn World, now you got me wanting to do one of those.:thumbup: Keep those pics coming full speed, you a great start on this and there is lots of educational opportunities here. Don't miss any steps.:thumbsup:
well :whistling i only took one progress pic today... but i'll try to explain what happened

we put up all the rafters and 2 layers of 3/8 sheeting over for the roof. i used the 3 wires i made in the begining to do this... laid the sheets down on the ground and drew 3 radiuses, cut them out and shot them in. the main piece went from wall to channel, and the 6" piece went from channel to edge.

i did the same thing with the 3/8 azak for the sophet. we put the lower sophet on and the collums back in.

then i cut some cat's/squash blocks to strengthen up the lower section between the collumns... this completely stiffened up the structure!

i'll take more pics tomorrow of the roof and how i'm finishing it off... glad your interested in the how to...

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
World, you gonna put a layer of ply on the onderside of the rafters to help keep the Azek uniform? What's the soffit detail?

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and here's the drainage! we bored 2 9/16" holes to accommodate 2" flex hose that's normally used in pools. we used this because the pipe will be behind the pilasters and if it freezes and cracks... well... this stuff will not! we muscled a single length from top to bottom. this stuff is not as flexible as it looks!!

Attachments

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well here is the only pic i have of the semi completed project... the battery died in my camera so i don't have the finished front pics... will get them in a week when i go back to do the pavers

here is a pic with the sophet in place and the pilasters we fluted... the 2" flex pipe runs behind it and out the side...

Attachments

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Great job World, I know what you went through with wrapping radii with 2 people, especially the inside curve.:furious: Can't wait to see the finish pics.:thumbsup:

·
President of the world
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is that house in chatham i was on Red rd a couple of weeks ago installing windows
actually 1 town over in livingston... you around here much?

Great job World, I know what you went through with wrapping radii with 2 people, especially the inside curve.:furious: Can't wait to see the finish pics.:thumbsup:
holy crap!! that was the hardest friggin part! we spent well over 15 min trying to get the damn thing in... almost gave up and cut it in half, glad we didn't!!

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
actually 1 town over in livingston... you around here much?

holy crap!! that was the hardest friggin part! we spent well over 15 min trying to get the damn thing in... almost gave up and cut it in half, glad we didn't!!
I'm glad you didn't too, because it's impossible to keep the radius true at the joint. Perseverance wins the day.:clap:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts