Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has converted a garage into a music studio. It has a concrete floor with carpet over it. He installed some kind of gas heater that has no vent but does have a CO2 shut off. There is one window that doesn't open. We are still alive so far but that isn't the problem. The problem right now is all the condensation on the equipment. Would an open window solve this and allow the room to dry out? Or would it always be damp.

·
Registered
318 Posts
"Would an open window solve this and allow the room to dry out? Or would it always be damp."

Not having seen it, it sounds like you may need air movement be it cross ventilation or an exhaust fan. Don't put this off forever. Yeah it's technically not living space but it'd be a shame to have mold and have to hire one of those master abaters. ;)

Tim

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Calypso, I grew up near Adelaide, NP, Bahamas. We used kerosene heaters back then and I am only partially demented.
You need to have all of this looked at right away, you may not post here tomorrow. Sleep with your head near a cracked window, that's what we were told as kids. Three of us did and the other two are drain bramaged.
Got any leads on some steel drums? If you're down island, tin pans?
Love to play a pair.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. We will try some cross ventilation before we hire master abaters It sounds like something I have tried before.
We take alot of breaks so we get some clean air. I have heard those tin drums. They have a great sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts