Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by to take pic of this rooftop deck I did this summer. It's so nice when people are really enjoying the space you built for them. He put up the screen for me to take a pic while I was there. They've had a dozen people up there watching movies at night.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said it sits at the front of the couch. I have no idea how the latest projectors work. I just thought it was cool to see someone really enjoying the space. Wouldn't surprise me if people with a lot of money would build something quite more extravagant for hosting parties. Maybe they already do, I dunno. I'm sure someone has built a private drive-in theatre somewhere.

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Looks nice Chris, good job.

I saw a article somewhere, in Australia they have very few indoor theaters. They basically build a big block wall out in a field somewhere and set up chairs when it's time to show a movie. Looked kinda cool in the picture. I always wondered how they got power to run the projector. Maybe a Honda generator their quiet. :laughing:

www.phbconstruction.com

·
Pro
589 Posts
That is very cool Chris :thumbup:

How much room between the table and the screen? It looks awful short for any of the projectors I am used to dealing with. Although they are always coming out with new equipment.

Bill

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
5,831 Posts
The glass is from Regal, (I think that's right). I order it through a local Home Hardware lumber yard. Lot's of different sizes.
Regal must be a big glass company, we have them here in Austin too. I think it's where I got my tempered glass the one time I did a glass rail very similar to the one on your job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts