Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Roofing tins

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  kam13 
#1 ·
Does anyone still use roofing tins for paper.

#7 ·
caps

We don,t use then they hold the slate and shingles up. They don't sit flat.Plus with the tin mag attached to the gun we can set tin without holding the tins. And don't have to buy special nails or agun. We can go from papering to shingle without changes. Bob:no:

#12 ·
Back in the day when I did roofs that was my favorite part of the job. Grab a handful of metal caps and the slap stapler and go to town. Part of it was throwing a bunch of them above where I was standing and slapping them as they slid down trying to not miss any of them and still staple off in the right spots.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
This thread really shows how regional roofing is - the terminology - the methods. Down here in Miami roofers use 1 5/8" 26 ga tin caps and 11/4" ring shank nails to anchor most everything. Gotta' use ring shanks on shingles too! Miami-Dade is such a PIA. Simplex and staples were outlawed after Andrew. Never heard of some of that stuff - button caps?

#17 ·
This thread really shows how regional roofing is - the terminology - the methods. Down here in Miami roofers use 1 5/8" 26 ga tin caps and 11/4" ring shank nails to anchor most everything. Gotta' use ring shanks onshingles too! Miami-Dade is such a PIA. Simplex and staples were outlawed after Andrew. Never heard of some of that stuff - button caps?

Like Roofer Mike at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roofer-Mike-Inc/337625929645476
Yea after Andrew they were changing things Hourly some days...

Got to the point where I stopped doing anything but mopping hot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.