Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know how you guys get $300-$400 a sq.

I have a tough time getting $150.

Can I move?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Doesnt everyone use mexicans down there for the labor. maybe you should as well, if you dont already.

What does everyone get $300-$400 on that you are referring to?

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glasshousebltr said:
Don't sweat it, a little bird told me roofing is going up in Texas as of 7AM sat.

Bob
:cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Construction pricing is variable for your region, this includes roofing. I would think the closer you are to the source of cheap labor the cheaper labor will be.

I have guys in my area charging $150 for a tear off roof, but I stay busy averaging $220. I just did a roof for about $475, and I have a flat roof coming up for $620.

Today a builder called me and was trying to find out how much I charge blah blah blah. I START at new construction about $175 plus flashing, steep etc... He insisted on receiving a verbal before he allowed me to bid so I gave him a range of $135-220 depending. His response was "This isn't a tear off". I said "I know."

The point is there are customers who want the cheapest and there are customers who want the best, and there are customers who want a balance of value and quality. I prefer to work with customers who want a balance as my primary target audience, and customers who want the best as my secondary. I refuse to work for customers who want the cheapest... or should I say they refuse to hire me.

I believe my customers are getting a good roof for the price when they hire me. Rest assured there are more expensive contractors in my area, much more expensive. I'm right in the middle, right where I want to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts