Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a sub-contractor in the Dallas/Fort Worth are. I've been installing shingles for over 20 years. I'm Mexican but I am an American citizen. My crew of 6 including my self are professional and reliable. We've built a good reputation with local contractors as well as contractors all over the country. Shoot me an email or give me a call. 469-230-2257 Sixto Medrano

All tools necessary
1 ton dump truck- 2001 Chevy 3500
1 ton truck for hauling material- 2003 Ford F-350
1 ton van- 2001 Chevy Express

Big 6 Roofing
[email protected]
469-230-2257

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'm a sub-contractor in the Dallas/Fort Worth are. I've been installing shingles for over 20 years. I'm Mexican but I am an American citizen. My crew of 6 including my self are professional and reliable. We've built a good reputation with local contractors as well as contractors all over the country. Shoot me an email or give me a call. 469-230-2257 Sixto Medrano

All tools necessary
1 ton dump truck- 2001 Chevy 3500
1 ton truck for hauling material- 2003 Ford F-350
1 ton van- 2001 Chevy Express

Big 6 Roofing
[email protected]
469-230-2257

I wish you the best of luck!

I feel bad that this man has to 1) Disclose his race 2) follow up with confirming to being an American Citizen.

This site in all it's glory and professional contractors this ^^ needs to be said.

A man is a man and his work and ethics should play more of a role than his nationality and the fact Sixto has to confirm probably goes to show he's seen some comments and innuendos about his race.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I took it as he was just saying his ethnicity is Mexican, but his nationality is American, which basically means, I'm legal to work, I can provide the necessary documents, I will be around to warranty my work, you can depend on me, your customers can communicate w me...

and honestly in dfw, illegals rule the roofing industry, its a pain to do your taxes, ssns don't match the names, they want to be paid cash, and they want it now, ..no insurance, no licences, no quals.. NO tools, no truck.

I think what he said may be taken out of context depending on the region you're in. But still an interesting point to address.

Maybe sixto will elaborate..

·
Fine Handcrafted Opinions
994 Posts
Roofcheck said:
I wish you the best of luck! I feel bad that this man has to 1) Disclose his race 2) follow up with confirming to being an American Citizen. This site in all it's glory and professional contractors this ^^ needs to be said. A man is a man and his work and ethics should play more of a role than his nationality and the fact Sixto has to confirm probably goes to show he's seen some comments and innuendos about his race.
Don't sweat it. It's probably different where you are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was implying to the fact that I'm not one of these illegal hacks that drive the price down for the legal guys. I'm a high school graduate and a college graduate as we'll. I take pride in my heritage and my work. The roofing industry is worthless in DFW with a all these illegal crews. I have English speaking crew members and most of them are family. We are what contractors are looking for. I hope that clears it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts