Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 2 questions for everybody-

1. What types of roofing software do you use

2. Does it do everything you need it to do, or do you wish it did more?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've got 2 questions for everybody-

1. What types of roofing software do you use

2. Does it do everything you need it to do, or do you wish it did more?
I use Pandora 3000x .

It takes a satellite picture of the house with a dual flux tesla beam that x-rays the roof.

Not only does it tell me exactly how many squares it is but it can also tell how many layers .

The program has a optional thermal imaging with data read out. It will tell you if there is any rotted boards or decking with the moisture test.

It will tell you exactly how much R-Value the roof has and shows where and hot air is escaping.

It can be programmed with your favorite supply stores' material prices and give an exact cost of replacement immediately. No more calculating material cost, climbing roofs,pulling measurements, climbing in attics ect. It tells you everything. Not sure how I have lived without it all theses years.

So yes, Pandora 3000X does everything I need it to.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I use Pandora 3000x .

It takes a satellite picture of the house with a dual flux tesla beam that x-rays the roof.

Not only does it tell me exactly how many squares it is but it can also tell how many layers .

The program has a optional thermal imaging with data read out. It will tell you if there is any rotted boards or decking with the moisture test.

It will tell you exactly how much R-Value the roof has and shows where and hot air is escaping.

It can be programmed with your favorite supply stores' material prices and give an exact cost of replacement immediately. No more calculating material cost, climbing roofs,pulling measurements, climbing in attics ect. It tells you everything. Not sure how I have lived without it all theses years.

I just started using Pandora 3000X last month. So far I've gotten every job I've bid! And with the speed of the program I was able to bid 5 jobs/week. Now I've got more work than I know what to do with!

Have you looked into the Layout plugin? I've heard it numbers all of the shingles on the roof and and send the diagram to your supplier, who then numbers the shingles as they come off the line. Completely eliminates field cutting/measuring. Basically paint by numbers. It's $10,000, but it seems worth it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I just started using Pandora 3000X last month. So far I've gotten every job I've bid! And with the speed of the program I was able to bid 5 jobs/week. Now I've got more work than I know what to do with!

Have you looked into the Layout plugin? I've heard it numbers all of the shingles on the roof and and send the diagram to your supplier, who then numbers the shingles as they come off the line. Completely eliminates field cutting/measuring. Basically paint by numbers. It's $10,000, but it seems worth it.
During the seminars I attended last fall I got to see first hand how the Layout Plugin works. I have to say it is completely amazing! I was skeptical at first when the rep said no field cutting was required but the precision and accuracy was spectacular. It works exceptionally well and that 10k price tag is nothing compared to the quality and time savings.

I used the Layout Plugin last cedar shake roof I did. When the materials arrived on the job everything was stacked perfect. All the shakes were in perfect order. Right up the valley I went with no cutting. Absolutely astonishing!

:thumbup: Pandora 3000x / with Layout Plugin

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
During the seminars I attended last fall I got to see first hand how the Layout Plugin works. I have to say it is completely amazing! I was skeptical at first when the rep said no field cutting was required but the precision and accuracy was spectacular. It works exceptionally well and that 10k price tag is nothing compared to the quality and time savings.

I used the Layout Plugin last cedar shake roof I did. When the materials arrived on the job everything was stacked perfect. All the shakes were in perfect order. Right up the valley I went with no cutting. Absolutely astonishing!

:thumbup: Pandora 3000x / with Layout Plugin
You can now buy two software bundles packaged, look for Pandora 5000x, all the same great features with bundled savings!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use Pandora 3000x .

Wow! That's pretty amazing. I'm blown away on a daily basis by what we can do with technology these days.

Thanks for your response:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
stombaugh85 said:
I use Pandora 3000x . It takes a satellite picture of the house with a dual flux tesla beam that x-rays the roof. Not only does it tell me exactly how many squares it is but it can also tell how many layers . The program has a optional thermal imaging with data read out. It will tell you if there is any rotted boards or decking with the moisture test. It will tell you exactly how much R-Value the roof has and shows where and hot air is escaping. It can be programmed with your favorite supply stores' material prices and give an exact cost of replacement immediately. No more calculating material cost, climbing roofs,pulling measurements, climbing in attics ect. It tells you everything. Not sure how I have lived without it all theses years. So yes, Pandora 3000X does everything I need it to.
I seriously have tears on my face I laughed so hard. Thanks!

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
I Googled Pandora 3000x and couldn't find anything. Can I just send $10,000 to someone here and have you send me a copy?

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Sweet! Just send me $100 to cover the postage and money order fees and I'll send it right over!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts