Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to thank you for your time in answering my questions.

I live in Florida and had major damage to my house from the Hurricanes. The contractor is finally getting around to working on my roof. They were supposed to replace the entire roof, but when I went to check their progress the other day, they only replaced 1/4 of the roof (where the major damage was), and tried to match the shingles. When I called the supervisor to complain, he said it was miscommunication, and would advise them to take the roof off.

The workers then took off small sections at a time and reshingled those areas before moving to the next section. What I am left with is misaligned shingles.

Also, they shingled over a hole without bracing the deck underneath it and now I have soft spots there.

Additionally, the flashings for my pipes coming out of the roof have the aluminum sticking out over top of the shingles (it was not this way on my last new roof just 1 year ago). The shingles were over the flashings.

My husband then noticed that they shingled over rotten plywood on the corner of the house and also that they did not even replace broken and missing fascia (?) (the wood behind the metal flashing on the edges of the roof).

I stopped the workers (sub-contractors) until I could talk with the actual contractor. (They have the back side of the house done, not the front).

Do you think that I am being reasonable by requiring that they remove the entire roof and start over?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYRepair.com/forums/

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYRepair.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYRepair.com/forums/ If your not already a member of DIYRepair.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diyrepair.com/forums/register.php?

Check here for the oficial policy: http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=2913

We apoligize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.