Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive been asked to do a method of works for stripping tiles and replacing with large concrete tiles for a college assignment, but im rubbish at this sort of stuff, can you guys enliten me on a brief method of works for stripping the roof, putting the felt and lats back then loading and laying the tiles, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
ash

·
Registered
9 Posts
Takes them off and nail the new ones on. Simples!!! Anyone can do it.

Surely the point of the assignment is to learn the process involved and not to take the easy route and ask someone else to do the work for you.

I would wager you are unlikely to get any help here with your current attitude.

Perhaps if you would at least attempt an answer and approach the assignment positively you might find that the guys here would help you refine your work.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I would wager you are unlikely to get any help here with your current attitude.

Perhaps if you would at least attempt an answer and approach the assignment positively you might find that the guys here would help you refi.
How do u know us so well and you only have 5 posts? Hmmmmm. Strange indeed. You must have done a lot of reading already..

·
Registered
9 Posts
How do u know us so well and you only have 5 posts? Hmmmmm. Strange indeed. You must have done a lot of reading already..
Caught out by Madrina!!!!

Hello Contractor Talk my name is Tir and I am a lurkaholic ;)

Yes, I do a fair bit of reading on here and I don't post that often but being from the other side of the Atlantic there are quite a few differences in our preferred construction techniques so there are much more qualified folks on here to help and give advice to your largely US and Canadian membership.

Sadly, I did however miss a very famous post by you, Madrina, which I believe caused quite a stir :)

I had a feeling that this guy was possibly from over here and I thought I would offer him a chance to try and get some guidance from everyone on this site but it would appear he was just looking an easy out. His loss eh!

I enjoy reading the posts on this site and looking at the similarities and differences on how we approach construction. You never know what you might encounter at work so I like the idea that I have a massive resource of knowledge and people who might just be able to help me out of a hole one day.

I hope you all can put up with my lurking ways and I solemnly promise to double my post count this year :)

Tir

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Yeah, you have to double your post... that's the rule.. no..no... that's not right, I think the rule is you're not allowed to post until u have 600 posts.. its something like that... its in here somewhere..

Its ok to lurk . Gleeking is frowned upon and Lurching is strictly prohibited.. Just try not to trample the bushes like 1985 did. My flowers still look like shat. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts