Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing some minor repairs for a customer and some roofing repair came up, I am not familiar with this type of roofing material and am hoping someone can point my in the right direction on finding some.

IMG00058-20100108-1115.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the shingle type. As far as the problem....the inspection report didnt mention the flashing at the chimney, just the 2 abandoned soil stacks that are allowing all the neighborhood squirrels to move into the attic...not to mention the rain :boat:

·
copper magnet
806 Posts
Yep T-lock shingles, single coverage
Look again. I thought T-locks at 1st as well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link. I can't find a pic looking up at the butts like the OP's and I think the OP's shingles are the GAF version (on the right).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Look again. I thought T-locks at 1st as well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link. I can't find a pic looking up at the butts like the OP's and I think the OP's shingles are the GAF version (on the right).

Yea, you may be right.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Certainteed presidentials or GAF grand sequoia or GAF grand canyon or Tamko Vintage. Best bet is take one off and bring it to a local supplier to match sample boards, or bring sample boards to the house.

What's up with that boot? Looks like a boot is there but the pipe is missing, and why would anyone not replace the chimney flashing when installing a premium shingle lke this? That chimney should have copper!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts