Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a FL CBC located in Jacksonville, Fl. I am aware that a CBC can perform his own roofing on his own job, but not a reroof. So if it is your own job do you have to have employees on salary perform the work or can you have a subcontractor perform the work. And if you can have a subcontractor perform the work does he/she have to have there subcontractor roofing license in that county? Thanks for any information.

Jason

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
I am a FL CBC located in Jacksonville, Fl. I am aware that a CBC can perform his own roofing on his own job, but not a reroof. So if it is your own job do you have to have employees on salary perform the work or can you have a subcontractor perform the work. And if you can have a subcontractor perform the work does he/she have to have there subcontractor roofing license in that county? Thanks for any information.

Jason
Not exactly.

As a Building contractor any house you build or room addition you build, you can put Shingles on it.

As a Building contractor any other roofing work has to be done by a licensed roofer, either a registered or certified license.

·
Registered
190 Posts
And there are no county roofing licenses any more (some got grandfathered in), state certified only. You can't sub and use your license, if you sub they have to be licensed. Also the comp is not the same and if you are installing roofing with out adding it to your comp and you get caught, it is not pretty. I suggest looking for a professional licensed and insured roofer for your projects, you might be surprised that it will cost you more NOT to....

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
And there are no county roofing licenses any more (some got grandfathered in), state certified only. You can't sub and use your license, if you sub they have to be licensed. Also the comp is not the same and if you are installing roofing with out adding it to your comp and you get caught, it is not pretty. I suggest looking for a professional licensed and insured roofer for your projects, you might be surprised that it will cost you more NOT to....
There are still County Licenses, those are the Registered Licenses, the State licenses are Certified.

You are correct about everything else.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts