Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im shopping for a 200 lb roofing hoist i found couple in my area form a 1k to 3k. anything i should know about them when i buy one ? briggs or honda ? what kinda platform ? etc...

thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you taking about a laddervader?

I looked at buying one once. It was $1500 and had a gasoline engine. I poopooed that and made one. I used my CAD program and designed the tray to ride my ladder so it wouldn't come off and I used an electric winch that I mounted on the underside of my ladder.

It could easily haul up 5-6 bundles of architect shingles and one man could carry and set it up. It was better than what I could buy and it cost me about $150. I made most of my equipment, including a pneumatic roof ripper.

Of course, I didn't have to be concerned with OSHA or other regulations.

Electric would be the way to go if you can find one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow

We have one but we haven't used it in years. It is a real risk using one of them. It is a lot of work to set up. It is like a little crain that goes on the edge of the roof and uses a cable hooked to a pulley system to lift supplies onto the roof. We quit using ours it was too dangerous and OSHA really watches for them. That's in OHIO at least. Laddervader is much safer. But we bought a crane truck. I would look for a Laddevader personally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts