Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a small seamless gutter company and work mainly as a sub in the twin cities.

So- Roofers, where has most of the hail hit? Has any hit in Minnesota this season?

If I were to target a area to travel to this winter, where would there be plenty of work for me?

Thanks,

Ryan Grambart
320-237-7001

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
An e-mail I received earlier today.

Ed

A message to all members of The HailWATCH™ Blog

We're currently tracking storms in Minnesota and have some initial feedback of large hail in parts of the Minneapolis metro. We will be working on the swath once the storms move out of the area. Once the swath is complete we will post the home counts. Please be patient if you are calling in today to order a report. You can place your order for this swath through the custom swath link as of right now: http://hailwatch.com/customswath.html When you fill out the form just put Minnesota for the area.

Please call us at 800-845-0383 or e-mail [email protected] with any questions.

Thanks everyone!

- Bill

Visit The HailWATCH™ Blog at: http://hailwatchblog.com

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Hey Ed, do you have a profile on the HailWatch site? If so I guess I should check again!
I guess I did.

I forgot all about that, so posted a shout out to you on the blog.

Ed

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hailwatch member here as well. Twins just got hit per Ed's post. 'When has it hailed in MN' is almost a rhetorical question. They seem to get more than we do.

Ed, I've also used Castor Weather Service, Inc. for years. We got to know him as he is a meteorologist and stormchaser out of Stillwater OK. His reporst have all the public info, but he also has several roofing companies, sources, pdr guys, etc that will confirm hail at certian intersections that will help you on your initial scope when mapping a storm. He also will archive anything to you from any date. Nice guy, you might check them out. Phone 405-624-3600. I haven't used them in a couple years as I haven't needed too, but I am assuming they are still archiving storms.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
There was a PDR storm notification site too, that I received updates on, until they changed to a subscription mode.

All the data is right on the SPC anyways, but the other guys just clean it up and add graphic overlays to it for visual affect.

Ed

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anybody who knows of specific cities that have been hit this year in Minnesota?

I like to drive around and see which contractors have all the work.

Thanks,

Ryan Grambart
320-237-7001
www.grambartexteriors.com

"Specializing in Seamless Gutter installation in Minnesota"

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I found another one that Maps out the locations that got hit too, but it is saved on my office computer, so I will post the link tomorrow. :cool:

Ed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.