Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow pages add, and I do the yard signs when we do a roof, but business has seemed to slow almost all the way down. other roofing companies are going out of business all around me. what is another good way to drum up some business before the winter months? I have gone as far as having post cards w/ a free dinner for two made up, and still nothing seems to be working. there are other companies doing a little work, about like me, but I want to pick it up. TIA

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nate, the founder of this site, has another site that you can get contractor leads. www.contractorhunt.com Consider the local paper.

Yellow pages alone just won't cut it anymore IMO. If things get bad go door to door passing out flyers.

By far the biggest mistake any company can make is CUTING advertising when things start going slow. Unless it's the winter, if things get slow you should INCREASE your advertising.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you a residential roofer?
Is most of your work new or re-roof.
If re-roof go to a subdivision thats 20-25 years old, with shingles going bad. Use door knockers/hangers. Get kids to pass them out.
We had a local guy a few years ago who found a 200 home subdivision with old organic, deminsional GAF shingles throughout. All of the valleys were losing granules and the South sides were curiling on many. After he got his first few reroofs through the door knob hangers, his signs and referrals sold the rest. Roofed in that subdivision for continuously all year. Moved from house to house, sometimes just next door. Bet his guys did 50 houses over a few years here.
Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Suggestions

Jmorgan has some good advice. I would ask you to think about what kind of customer you want, then figure out how to get their attention. What makes you different from every roofer in your area? If you don't have one, invent something. Give your potential customers a reason to WANT to do business with you!

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Possible Help

Unregistered said:
I have a yellow pages add, and I do the yard signs when we do a roof, but business has seemed to slow almost all the way down. other roofing companies are going out of business all around me. what is another good way to drum up some business before the winter months? I have gone as far as having post cards w/ a free dinner for two made up, and still nothing seems to be working. there are other companies doing a little work, about like me, but I want to pick it up. TIA
One of the suggestions was to expand advertising when things get slow. I work for a website company that specializes in helping small businesses establish a professional site without having to pay premium prices to do it. I don't want to make anyone mad by advertizing on here...so I'll check back to see if you have interest in contacting me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts