Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Punching above his weight
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Chevy G20 with a barn door. The slider hardware interferes with where I've traditionally mounted roof racks. There's some fakakta bracket screwed into the roof of the thing that looks like it's supposed to act as a surrogate rack holder, but half the screws have rusted out and I'm pretty sure if I put a load of lumber on there and went around a hard right curve the entire thing would rip right off the roof.

Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

·
Punching above his weight
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't tried yet because I didn't want to go out and get one and have it not fit.

On the G van the slider track is really really tight up against the gutter. In addition to that, that is a piece of metal track of some kind installed on the roof about 5 inches north of the gutter. I was wondering if that was Chevy's solution to this or if this is something the previous owner installed that I just don't understand. The service manual doesn't say anything about it and the previous owner is deceased, so he's not going to say much either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.