Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who uses Roof Estimator Pro software by David Deschaine and what are your thoughts on it? It looks nice to me.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I hope you didn't waste your money on that

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I've found my own forms and programs always work great for me and if rather not pay $250 to gain access to someone's software then have to continue paying $47 a month to keep using it.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I never got why I Dave Deschaine (I've heard about him for years) always boasted about his sales. Considering his length of time in business, it's really not that all that impressive.

You're always better off with your own stuff instead of paying someone to use theirs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I hear that. I'm not going to lie it caught my eye, so I wanted to know if anybody used it. I have custom made carbon copy estimate sheets I use, does anybody still hand write estimates?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
I see a few hand written quotes around here. Most guys go twice to a house, I only go once.

Mine is typed out on carbon copies and then I just mark off what we are doing for that specific job and I have an area to write stuff in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Menomonee falls is nice because there is room to work, and mostly all one layer tear-offs. Tosa the homes can be a bit closer and that's usually the 3 layer re-decks. Also areas of tosa are closer to areas I prefer not to work in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts