Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to post a great challenge to all the framers who love building roofs. A few years ago, I was given a set of plans to review and price. When I looked at the birds eye of the roof lines, my eyes went...wtf ???? so I looked and looked again and realized that the architect was lost......so I asked the developer to explain these roof lines.... wanted to see if they were testing me......I decided to play and fix the lines......I whited out the wrong lines and drew in the right ones. Lets see how you do.....no cheating...can not use any electronic devices....this is a test of the eye and the brain.....white out...a ruler and a pencil are all you can use......I will post the correct layout in a week......this should be fun....good luck :thumbup:

PS......download the roof plan....fix the problem...then upload the problem and your solution beside each other......

*and in order to make this fun....you can not post your solution before 12 noon next Sunday the 23rd.....

Prizes to be announced !!!!! 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Attachments

·
Designer/Contractor
4,739 Posts
It's definitely in the WTF category, think I have the solution but one part is still screwy...

·
Registered
192 Posts
WOW. I hate architects. Just because you can put lines on a piece of paper does not mean it should or can be built

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Kent Whitten said:
Piece of cake. Yeah the guy who drew that hasn't a clue. Want to go one step further and draw a truss layout?
Sure, fook it up for us stackers.

Reactions: CanningCustom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hips Fix? Next Sunday?

Next Sunday? :no:

Edit: dimensions
......very good....but now you have ruined the contest for everyone else... :mad:

Birch has ended the game....... this is the correct layout.......what a tool !! Next time read the whole post !!!!!! AutoCAD was not allowed !!! You were only allowed to use your brain...which clearly you don't have one !!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mr Chips said:
......very good....but now you have ruined the contest for everyone else... :mad: Birch has ended the game....... this is the correct layout.......what a tool !! Next time read the whole post !!!!!! AutoCAD was not allowed !!! You were only allowed to use your brain...which clearly you don't have one !!!!
In all honesty, if you consider yourself a framer and you couldn't sort this out, then you shouldn't be framing. I had it sorted with one of the four tools that were allowed for the contest and it wasn't paper, white out, or a pencil.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts