Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
mikespaintingonline.com
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to break into the roof coating business or atleast i would like too. Go alittle more commercial and industrial. Just bought a new paint sprayer. I like it for the cost. As some would probably agree i have a little baby sprayer but i like it. I just got the Titian 1140. My 3rd sprayer that I owe but my Beast now. But i bought it with the intentions of spraying roof coatings every now and then and using a dual sprayer when needed which can be all the time.

But back to the roof coatings. I was wondering about some other good products that are out there. Ive used Uniflex before.

Also I love the process i know its all about the prep but if i could break into this full time I would. Prep is always where the work is spraying the coating is great.

Glad to hear some input

·
Registered
210 Posts
Haven't had much luck with coatings. Had one that was pealing and had to redo it, the guy we hired did a lousy prep job. Needless to say we redid it using this companies product.

http://nutechpaints.com/

It was a Standing seam in barn red...looked horrible for residential. H/O wanted a color change.

Seems like good stuff, any of you tried it? If you have what did you think of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use Conklin products. I don't do the whole sign up other contractors thing so this isn't a sales pitch. The products are spendy but definetly top quality. I'm very satisfied.

·
Commercial Roofer
26 Posts
I use Conklin products. I don't do the whole sign up other contractors thing so this isn't a sales pitch. The products are spendy but definetly top quality. I'm very satisfied.
I'm using Conklin products as well and have seen it perform very well. I've seen Conklin roofs over 20 years old in great condition, we cleaned them and recoated to extend the life and warranty. PS. That was a 10 year warranty system that lasted 20+ years. Originally installed over rolled Asphalt roofing. The key is proper prep work!!!!

We have helped other contractors start up and will be glad to answer any questions. How to get leads and insurance, etc... Let me know if I can help you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts