Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has an old home with a a 8ftx50ft porch. There is a bump out that is about 4ftx10ft in the dining area. The porch roof covers that section of the interior of the house. it is a low slope and it is leaking in that exact area. The homeowner wants to do a complete roof tear off in the spring. The home owner wants a temporary fix and insists on using some kind of roof coating for a a 3 or 4 month fix. There are 3 layers of shingles on there now. What can I use that will work. I already used roofing tar on the spots that looked like it might be leaking. But so far there is still a small leak.

·
Registered
Remodel
30,230 Posts
I wouldn't use a roof coating for that. Maybe if it was one layer, but three layers move so much you're pretty much are putting a solid membrane on it, even if it's with a coating.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
do you know where the leak is coming from? How low is the porch roof and is it shingles as well?

why do they want to wait? tell them instead of wasting money on the temp fix, to go ahead and just re roof it one slope at a time. lol... :cheesygri

1 - 8 of 8 Posts