Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 1 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am re-siding my 100yo house and wanted to get rid some external conduit and run the wiring through the walls.

I have a 10/2, 10/3, 12/3, 12/3 and 12/2. I have three holes through the studs a few inches apart running the length of the 8' wall which I ran all the Romex wiring through.

My question is coming back out of the house and into the panel. I have access immediately below the panel, and was wondering if I could use plastic conduit to make the turn up into the box directly out of the house and into the panel with the Romex, without having to go to single wires (THWN), and creating a junction inside the wall.

I have the two larger 'wires' (10/2, 10/3) coming out of one hole, and the three smaller ones (12/2, 12/3, 12/3) out of the other. I thought I would run the sets through a 90' Access Fitting right out of the wall and into the panel with a short run, < 4" of conduit into the box. Both sets make the turn and pull through 3/4" conduit (those are the only holes left available in the panel-and where the metal conduit originated from).

After looking at other posts and code, I wanted to make sure it was ok. Since the only reason I am using the PVC is to protect the wire from the elements in a very short run--I did read one post that said in that instance it would be ok--and however comforting that was, I wasn't sure if that was right. I really don't have many other options either, aside from getting a new panel, or going through the back of the panel, which I don't have access too.

Thanks so much for the insight.

1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.