Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have luxaire upflow natural gas furance
which displays diagnostic error code of 5 flashes

this fault indicates if the normally closed contacts in the rollout switch is open . the rollout control is manually rest.if it has opened, chech for proper combustion air, proper inducer opertation, primer heat exchanger failure or burner problem. be sure to rest the switch after correcting the problem the failure?

first where is the loctation of reset switch?
where is rolout switch located to check it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just went on a service call with my HVAC guy for the same problem. Roll out is to low (problem from factory, I think) need like a 200 at least. Switch it self is located at "top", on right hand side in a small sheet metal box (for lack of a better description. held in by 2 screws. It is about the size of a dime. Problem is they came out with a 175 number (too low). Check with a HVAC supply house.

·
NICKTECH
273 Posts
The Roll Out Switch Is Located Right Next To The Burner Towards The Outside Of The Combustion Chamber. It Is A Small Round Temp. Sensing Switch That Will Shut Down The Furnace In Case The Flame Was To Roll Out. It Is Also Known To Go Off Due To Excessive Temp. In That Area Of The Furnace. It Looks Like A Nickel And Should Have A Reset Button On Top Of It. After Resetting It Hang Out For A While And Watch What It Does. Make Sure The Problem Doesn't Happen Again. The Rollout Switch Usually Wouldn't Be The Problem, But A Symptom Of One. You May Potentially Have Dangerous Situation That Shouldn't Go Unchecked. If You Donot Know The Nature Of The Problem Donot Replace It With One Rated For A Higher Temp. Call A Professional And Let Him Make That Call If It Was Undersized. That Usually Is Not The Issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts