Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. I am painting a drywall ceiling and cannot get it to look right (free of lap marks), and was hoping for some advice.

I'm using Behr PP eggshell (customer's preference), with a few ounces of flotrol stirred in, and Purdy Rollers. I've painted the ceiling several times now to no avail. I'm saturating the roller well and rolling in a consistant direction paralell to the wall. Would I see better results if I used a flat paint?

The main problem area exists between the entry to the kitchen and entry to the living room, where a good deal of natural light shines through and onto the ceiling, which is low (7 ft. I think). Thanks so much for your help.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The first problem is the material you are using. It also sounds like application error.

I like to use an 18" roller on ceilings, it goes much faster and that makes you more money.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How long are you waiting before deciding that it needs another coat? Doing touch ups for repairs I have seen it take a day or more depending on moisture/temperature for everything to blend in (not typical but it happens). Worse case go buy some decent paint and know that one more coat and you will be done. Unless it's requested otherwise we always do ceilings in flat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts