Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing drywall for a while, but just as a hanger and part of the time taper. Having to do more finish work now, since I enjoy eating and stuff like that..

Been asked to do a rolled texture in closets, never done this one before. I am assuming you just thin down some all-purpose, roll it on and let it set up a little bit and go over it again?

Just wondering what kind of roller you guys like to use.. Nap and type. Also what do you use in the corners?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never done it myself, but I've seen the after effects of rolling on mud, and it looked like crap. But I think the guys who did it had no idea what they were doing and didn't thin the mud at all. It looked like a freaking wedding cake!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Sponge, knife, texture roller, theres a lota ways to do it and a lot of textures to choose from.

But prime first and use paint to brake down the compound.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
My suggestion would be (time permitting) do a couple practice runs in your free time on some scrap rock, and take note of each different technique. Then you can either decide which one looks best and use it, or, if they all look good, show your "sample" to your customer and let him choose one. The latter will benefit in two ways; first, you will be able show the customer what he's getting beforehand, and second, it will empower the customer by giving the illusion of having more control over the final outcome of the house. This will give him more confidence in your abilities and increase your chances for receiving repeat work and word of mouth advertising.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts