Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,581 Posts
Mike, is it possible that you site designer is doing these sites? Or using a template?

If that's not the case - can I copy your site? At least I asked before just doing it!

And while we're at it, can I have some of your best customers and mabe your bank account number? You know I am a neigbor!:laughing:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
its a real pisser, gets my blood boiling too, I've been palgerized and had images stolen couple times, once by a ****ing vendor spamming the hell out of me, but the best was I found one of my decks on another website, some ahole in the midwest, I called under the guise if a prospective customer interested in a deck like the one in question, asked him and directed him to it on his website, and he told me all about when he built it, I obviously had alot more images and vantage points of said deck even pix with me and my trailer in it, I than sent him an email with other images attached to it, this idiot still wanted to argue that he built it even after I called bs on it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If he's too lazy to make up some testimonials, wait until he has to demo a tile shower and floor! He won't be around too long I'd guess.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
So, What's going on with this? Looks like the one with Pat was removed.
One down 210 to go.

:rolleyes:Now the guy is just another piece of sh*t with fake testimonials on his website. I imagine he's probably got all the insurance and licenses and does everything else very ethically too.

You all know those contractors we talk about who give us all a bad name...:furious:

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
I just tried using CopyScape and it turns out someone on the North Shore of Boston is running a Craigslist ad with my site copy in it word for word.

The listing is expired, so I can't find the contact info unless there's some other way to find it.

Mother F'er:furious:

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,760 Posts
For any of you dealing with this, here's a form letter I just sent to the guy who stole my content:

Mr. John Doe,

Please consider this a formal Notice of Infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Your website, www.stolefromyou.com, contains unauthorized reproductions of copyrighted material originally found at
www.WrightWorks.net. You are to cease and desist the use of this content and remove it immediately. This includes any copied content you have used in your website(s), and any other copied content you are using in any other written, broadcast, or electronic form.

If all copied content has not been removed by Monday, October 26th at 9am, I will file an official complaint with the U.S. Copyright Office, Google, Inc., and your Internet Service Provider. I will NOT be satisfied with minor changes and will vigorously pursue any and all remedies and damages available to me under law for your continued unauthorized use of my content.

I do not wish to see your reputation permanently damaged as a result of a single lapse in judgement. However, please understand I have put my heart and soul into my business and website. To see my content copied and used to promote you and your company is extraordinarily offensive to me as a writer, businessman, and fellow craftsman.

We all make mistakes. Please remedy yours immediately and I will have no further need to pursue this.

Regards,

Christopher Wright

President
WrightWorks, LLC

41 - 58 of 58 Posts