Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Folks who have homes in both Denver
and Conn. tend to repeat themselves? :whistling

·
Registered
514 Posts
F***ing B*llsh*t!

I'm pi$$ed just seeing that lazy SOB pulling that crap, I can't imagine how Mike feels.

I'm curious though, how in the world did you find that? Did someone tip you off?

God, I'm still shaking my head. He didn't even change their names. What an idiot.

·
Sean
5,518 Posts
I am thinking screen shots & a blog article are in place for a few of us here. Next I suggest calling his ISP & getting his site shut down for copyright infringement & possible legal action (any problems with that Mike?)

Or, I wonder what his local news department would think about this - i.e. a nice community knowledge piece

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One of the customers listed emailed me to let me know. They found it by googling themselves on the web and just happened to run across it.

I think it would be pretty scary to find out how much of this stuff we don't even find out about!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Is that a finished website, or just a mock up? It appears to be a mock up based on the page "test1" There have been times when I've developed a web-page and just to get a feel for what it's going to look like I copy and paste stuff in as a place holder, then I go through and replace the info with my own info.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Is that a finished website, or just a mock up? It appears to be a mock up based on the page "test1" There have been times when I've developed a web-page and just to get a feel for what it's going to look like I copy and paste stuff in as a place holder, then I go through and replace the info with my own info.
pretty sure that "test" is short for testimonials in this case

·
Carpe Diem
20,741 Posts
No, it's an active site. That's "test" as in testimonial. Should be strp.html as in stolen testimonial ripoff page! :censored:

·
Nest Home Improvement
890 Posts
that may have been it, I don't remember :thumbsup:

This allows you to search your domain to see if anyone has copied your content. It is free so I am not sure how accurate it is. However, I did find a realtor that plagiarized some of my material by using copyscape and got them to remove it and apologize.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts