Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experience with Rock N Roller Concrete stamping tool? Ive always used traditional concrete stamps but am looking at possibly buying one of these and trying it out. Any does or donts? Better or worse than regular stamps? Hard to keep straight lines? look as good as regular stamps? etc. Here is a you tube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_a3nVnXzaw. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like the video says, concrete roller has to be done at an earlier stage as opposed to the matt stamps & you have to have the room for the poles on the roller, in tight areas can be dificult, if you are using powder release it makes it more dificult to see the stamp impression and if the concrete gets a little to hard, forget the roller, I personaly like the matts, but if you have a big open area the roller is alot faster but like I said I prefer the matts, you have more control, you are closer to the stamping area. Dennis

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I bet on the right projects it is a great product, but to me it seems like the pattern would be easily seen since there is limited prints on it. Probably great for those municipal project where they do the strips of red concrete with the brick stamp on either side of the city sidewalks.

I know I try to turn the stamps each time I pick them up so it is harder for the eye to see any repetition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts